Tuesday, October 7, 2008

*Yawn!*

It's presently 1:32 in the morning. I'm up far too late again - I'll be getting up at 8 again to catch the 9:17 bus to the station. Why, oh why, do I put myself through this insomniactic torture?

Today, in 120 seconds of typing:
I went to BUNAC all day pretty much... all phone calls, emails, applications and laughs at the expense of a room full of Canadians and Australians. Seriously, there was only one other American (well, maybe two -- I wasn't always paying attention) in the room, and by far he was the only other one from California. And, as slim chances would have it -- he was from CSUN! He came from Omaha originally, but...

[Okay, make that 180 seconds...]

...came to CSUN because of the high rate of film-related jobs its students receive. So after a few of us exited together (two Americans and two Canadians) upon closing, toward Farringdon Station, we'd decided to all go out for a late lunch/early dinner. As we progressed, we lost the other CSUN-alum, then another to a nearly-late flat-viewing appointment, and finally, it was down to me and the remaining Canadian guy. So it was with empty stomachs we went to a pub across from the station, called The Castle for burgers and ale. Nicole had done most of the talking to him earlier -- mostly comparing how superior Vancouver people think they are compared to Toronto people -- so the dinner conversation began fairly afresh. We mostly chatted about favorite things about our home-cities, European traveling, and several random, rediculous topics suitable only with a half-empty glass of ale. I probably did too much of the talking, because I can mostly recall going on about Disney theme parks, the Getty Center, the white picket fences of the 1950s San Fernando Valley, and funny German words. I promise I didn't monopolize the conversation too much, though.

[Oops. I went over several minutes longer than intended.]

Anyway, I got back at St. Albans at about the same time as Kevin, so I met up with him again, and we stopped for petrol and fish & chips on the way back, telling him about my day en route. Then I told Gill all about it, and I later had some tea & chocolate biscuits whilst playing World of Warcraft (at last!) and listening to Stephen Fry's Podgrams.

No comments: