Monday, October 20, 2008

Photo-Walk in Wheathampstead

Just this once (I hope), I'm making an exception and simply reposting content from my Buzznet page. Mainly because 1) I'm sleepy, and 2) there's not much else to say on the topic.

HOWEVER, just because I think you're so special (and you really must be, if you've made it here), I'm including other images from my photo-walk today, NOT included on Buzznet (yet).


"Today I went for a walk along many of the footpaths that surround Wheathampstead, and for the first time since arriving in the UK, I brought my camera with me.

It must be the best proof that I've been really busy... Normally you couldn't pry the thing away from me.

The sky was wonderfully dramatic all afternoon, going from dark to light continually and dropping spotlights on trees and houses seemingly when I wanted it to. I saw dozens and dozens of dogs on leashes, gorgeous autumn foliage, and that trademark English lush green-ness that comes from endless raining. I enjoyed listening to my iPod for most of the time, and even did a little journaling in the middle of a field at sunset."

Other Images...






















2 comments:

Rex said...

Those are beautiful photos! I love the classic/stereotypical English countryside shots! =D

Alexv said...

Gorgeous series of pics, Kristine!

Are those red things hawthorne berries?
I love the amount of open space, too. Here there's just traffic and leafblower noise.