Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Today has been... relaxed. Not much exciting has gone on, but in a nice way.

My alarm woke me up at 9:30, but I stayed under the covers a little longer anyway. By 10, Abby brought me a cup of tea. While letting the tea cool, I fell back into sleep till 10:30 - when I got up suddenly, realizing that breakfast had already been in progress. Not bothering to change into regular clothes, I went downstairs in my jammies & joined everyone mid-breakfast. There was a full spread - sausages, veggie sausages, scrambled eggs, chocolate muffins, tea, juice, bacon, baked beans, and roasted mushrooms & tomatoes.

I hung around the kitchen a bit, watched some TV, and went upstairs for a shower. Unfortunately, by the time I came downstairs, Camille, Mark & their daughters had gone.

The rest of the day was divided between working on my CV & cover letter and playing with Poppy - watching films (she saw Singin' In The Rain for the first time - and, to my delight, loved it), pretending to be "spies on holiday", and "camping" in her pretend-den (a sheet tent in the living room).

We had pizza & salad for dinner, with leftover lemon tart (with crème fraîche) for dessert.

Fin. (For now.)

No comments: